Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Can somebody explain to me some jokes from Young Frankenstein? I'm from Argentina and I didn�

1. "Pardon me boy, is this the Transylvania station?" "Ja, ja, track 29. Oh, can I give you a shine?" "Uh, no thanks".



2. Blucher is German for glue. But why would a horse neigh when hearing the word glue?



3. "It's rotten I tell you, rotten!" "X-nay on the otten-ray". Did I get that all right? What does that mean?



4. "Can you give me a hand with the bags?" "Certainly, you take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turbant". Who is Igor doing here? Costello? Groucho? Curly?



I would be extremely grateful if someone explained these jokes to me. English is not my native tongue so I sometimes lack the cultural background necessary to understand some of them. Thanks!



Can somebody explain to me some jokes from Young Frankenstein? I'm from Argentina and I didn't get every joke.-Myspace pictures





1. There is a song called "The Chatanooga Choo-choo" about a train, they changed up the words for a laugh.



2. Because they used to make glue from horses.



3. X-nay on the otten-ray is "Nix on the rotten", Pig-Latin ( phony language) He was telling him to stop saying the word "rotten".



4. A "Bag" is a disrespectful word for "women". Igor was impersonating Groucho.



Can somebody explain to me some jokes from Young Frankenstein? I'm from Argentina and I didn't get every joke.

-(Myspace images myspace.com)



1) Speaking in rhymes is nearly always funny.



2) We make glue out of horses.



3) "X-nay on the otten-ray" is pig latin for Nix on the rotten (e.g. Don't call it rotten!)



4) Groucho - "bags" is also a derogatory term for women.



Enjoy! And excellent taste in films my friend!
i loved this movie



1. shine refers to polishing shoes, although i don't see the joke here



2. glue is made (or at least was at one time) from horses (their feet, i believe) (the horse neighs b/c the feet being available is a product of their slaughter, usually for dog food)



3. the response is in "pig latin" which is putting the first letter of a word at the end and adding "ay"...it's a joke like people won't understand you cause you're speaking a different language...he was telling him not to call it "rotten"



4. "bags" can refer to luggage or ugly women...i don't recall what Igor is doing in that scene



hope this helps!
It's hard sometimes to translate from English to Spanish and make sense......it looses it's punch line.....



Jate joder che.....que tiene que ver que seas de Argentina y no entiendas los chistes!! acaso es un crimen ser Argentino bolu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher